Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm a sucker

We were supposed to go to Phoenix this weekend, but my sister ended up having to get some surgery unexpectedly, so we decided it would be best to stay back and make sure she was doing well. And, she is. Surgery went great and she seems to be healing fantastically. Now, we just hope it all goes well from here.

Sunday was my birthday, and since we didn't go to Phoenix, we decided to go to Disneyland and take advantage of my getting in free. I seriously had so much fun despite the fact that i can't ride any of the thrill rides.

First we went to see the princesses. Carmen met her favs:







Toward the end of the day, Me and Carmen hung out riding the carousel and various fantasyland rides while Shay and my brother rode Space mountain and such. At one point, Carmen was in no mood to wait in anymore lines, so I decided to check out the Bippity Boppity Boutique with her. And, oh my. It is so fantastic. I highly recommend treating your daughter to this princess treatment. The Bippity Boppity Boutique, for those who don't know, transforms your little girls into Princesses with hair, make up, nails, princess attire and pictures - should you get suckered into all of it, which i did. I couldn't help myself. I first just signed up for the hair, makeup and nails. But Carmen got so excited getting the princess treatment and it was so thrilling to see her loving it, that well, I went all the way. And I think these pictures speak for themselves:














It was a blast. I think I may have had more fun watching her than she had being made into a princess. And it totally shocked me because I am not the "get my daughter dolled up" type. But watching her totally get excited about getting made up, just put a big huge smile on my face. It was ridiculous fun. And as we walked out of the park that day, tons of people stopped us to say how cute Carmen was, total strangers took pictures of her (which is a little creeepy) and she just beamed with every step.

Until of course, she got tired.



She didn't even make it to the car.



I think it may have been my best birthday yet.

In other news. My belly is getting huge. It is almost as big now, at 22 weeks, as I was at 36 weeks with carmen. It's both depressing and scary. Even thought I've heard, your belly gets bigger faster after your first, I'm still freaked.

Me, now, at 22 weeks:


Me, two years ago, at 36 weeks:

2 comments:

megan beals photography said...

Those pictures of Carmen might be the cutest thing ever! I totally would have done the same thing if I had a little lady.

And you look great Jera. Don't even sweat it.

Emilie and Branden said...

Yes, your belly gets much bigger, must faster the 2nd time around. And there's NOTHING like going to Disneyland with 3-5 yr old girls. It's a dream.