Monday, September 7, 2009

Last weekend of summer

Sadly, I had to work a lot this holiday weekend. But, I still managed to spend some QT with the fam. And sadly, the stress of work has not induced an early labor. So, we still wait on that. Shay, Carmen and I managed to go to a park to day and play and run and hang out. There are several parks that overlook the ocean on the Palos Verdes pennisula, so we decided to go to one of those parks. It was so nice and cool as it has been really hot for the last couple weeks. It was a lot of fun. Carmen played on the playground while we chased her around. I managed to get some fun pictures of the day.









This little boy just grabbed her hand. The little boys like Carmen. I think we're going to have to ground her for her teen years. But the boy was cute and i loved that he was wearing a Ramones shirt and he had the cutest little afro.



Below are some pictures we took of us. I probably need to have my sister do a family shot of all three of us as it will probably be the last of just the three of us. sad and happy. i can not wait for the arrival of Petra, but it is





In other happenings, we decided to stop letting Carmen watch Princess movies for a little while. We had Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid in constant rotation. This weekend Carmen informed Janna that, "She could not wait to get her crown." And we also caught her kissing her reflection romantically in the mirror and really admiring herself. No more princess movies for a while. We're now onto Jungle Book and Alice in Wonderland.

1 comments:

{M}PG said...

You should totally get some pics of your little family before the new little girl is here - which is anyday! HOw exciting. I can't wait to see some pics of her. Carmen looks so dang grown up in those pics at the park - she is adorable.